A Film About Couples //
Oriol Estrada, Natalia Cabral | 89 min | 2021 | Dominican Republic
Natalia and Oriol are a couple of filmmakers in their thirties who have a little daughter called Lia. One day, they receive an offer to direct a documentary and they decide to make a film about couples in love. Natalia and Oriol interview many couples, always wanting to know how they get along and what their most typical problems are. But as filming progresses, wounds of their own relationship begin to open up, fights and doubts seem to be endless. But finishing the film will be their opportunity to reformulate their love for each other and their love for cinema.
«It is a fiction film about the filming of a documentary and, at the same time, it is a documentary about the filming of fiction. The playful device of integrating the creative process into the film gives the impression of watching the film at the moment of its making and allows to link private and professional life. The film has fun, with a lot of humor and lucidity, demystifying the field of cinema and revealing the realities and difficulties that exist to make a film today in the Dominican Republic. »
– Nicolas Azalbert. Head of programing for the Biarritz Festival.
«A Film About Couples is an intimate film, very funny, with some touches of melancholy. A beautiful and ingenious film.«
– Olivia Leboyer – Toute la culture.
– 30 Festival Biarritz Amérique Latine:
– Prize of the Syndicat Français de la Critique de Cinéma
– Special Mention of the Jury for the interpretation.
FESTIVALS AND EXHIBITIONS
– Official Selection at the Rome International Film Festival.
– Official Selection at the 30th Festival Biarritz Amérique Latine.